Wednesday, July 27, 2011

But you doesn't have to call me Johnson ....

Yet more stupid stuff on the Internet.

A month ago I needed to find a replacement power supply for my son's notebook computer. The notebook had been a hand-me-down when I got something newer and faster. I searched using Google and found a supplier with a replacement power supply that matched the specs of the old supply. Although the replacement was priced well, what I didn't realize was that it was shipping (free) from Hong Kong. So it took almost 3 full weeks to arrive via USPS.

This morning I got an email  from the supplier. It was an invitation to fill out a customer satisfaction survey and get something free.

The email address was mine, but the greeting within the email was clearly created for someone else.
______________________________________________________________
Customer Service Email




Dear Frank Skobel,

Thank you for shipping at DinoDirect.com. Did you get the Colorful Crystal Mud as Free Gift with each of your order? We would like to know your satisfaction about it and sincerely invite you to join our satisfaction survey. Your feedback is very important for us to serve you better. 
______________________________________________________________

There really is no end to stupid stuff on the Internet. It's everywhere, everyday, every time you use the Internet.

So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment