Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thank You, Mexico!

To the good people of Mexico, MO, I can't say thank you enough.


While with the station, I know we did lots of good things for Mexico over the years, but I never really felt like we were "making a difference".

Now with my reporting at MexicoMaxim.com, some of which falls under investigative journalism, I feel like I am making a difference for Mexico.

The local media would never do anything remotely considered investigative journalism, out of fear of making someone, somewhere unhappy with their reporting.

But the joy of doing investigative journalism for Mexico is far more rewarding than anything I ever did in my 30+ years with the radio station.

In our youth we are considered idealistic. We have big ideas on how to change the established way of doing things.

As we enter the work force, those ideals often become lost in pursuit of other things - namely money and possessions.

To have the opportunity to return to some of the idealistic ideas I had in my youth, and to benefit the citizens of Mexico at the same time, is rewarding in ways that words can't describe.

And for that I say Thanks, Mexico! But saying thanks will never show enough gratitude for the way I really feel about life in Mexico, MO these days. How I now feel about life in Mexico, MO, - for that I will be eternally grateful.

So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment