Saturday, March 17, 2012

Too hard on smokers

I've been accused from time to time of being too hard on smokers.

After living with lung problems for most of my adult life, the air I breathe is important to me. I don't want to smoke somebody else's cigarette.

And if they think so little of themselves to smoke, knowing that IT WILL KILL YOU, do they even think about the children around them?

Children breathing second hand smoke. Children getting sick from tobacco smoke. Children who start smoking because mommy and daddy smoke.

Smokers are drug addicts.

The addiction to nicotine is NO different than the addiction to cocaine or heroin.

Except tobacco addiction is legal because the cigarette companies have spent billions of dollars to keep this scam going on Americans who smoke.

There is a time to get off every train.

Smoking is not candy.

Smoking is not a snack.

Smoking is not something that improves you in any way whatsoever.

Smoking will kill you.

The time to stop smoking is now.

Get help. Get counseling. QUIT SMOKING!

It's time for America's legal DRUG ADDICTS to stop killing America's CHILDREN.

Health is a very precious and fragile thing. I have battled severe lung infections and partially collapsed lungs since 1975.

The first severe lung infection caused me to quit smoking cigarettes at the at age of 19 because I thought I was going to die.

The air I breathe is a precious commodity.People who know me say I talk like I'm not getting enough air. It's been difficult.

I don't want to smoke your cigarette, and frankly, if you had even a lick of common sense you wouldn't want to smoke that cigarette either.

Because cigarettes kill.

Cigarettes kill children.

Cigarettes kill young people.

Cigarettes kill middle-aged people.

Cigarettes kill senior citizens.

3 children start smoking every day in America to replace the smokers who are dying from smoking. One child will quit at some point and one child will die from smoking.

The tobacco companies spend billions of dollars to get cigarettes into the hands of children.

Because that's the way they've always worked. Get them addicted while they're young and they'll be a lifelong addict.

The fact it's legal to smoke in America is an atrocious piece of reality we all live with.

80% of the population DOES NOT SMOKE.

20% of the population DO NOT HAVE THE BRAINS THAT GOD GAVE THEM AT BIRTH. They have been raped and pillaged by the tobacco companies and don't know any better, so God help them quit smoking.

Tobacco may be legal in America.

But tobacco is the number one PREVENTABLE cause of death in America because cigarettes will kill you.

Cigarettes will kill your children.

It's time to stop killing children.

It's time to get off the tobacco train and tell the tobacco industry to take a hike.

I'm having lung surgery this coming Thursday to remove the damaged part of the upper left lobe of my lung.

I am scared to death and trying not to freak out at the prospect of what I'll be going through.

But after the surgery, I'll be healthier, with that dead and scarred part of my lung removed.

I will cherish even more breathing smoke free air.

STOP SMOKING NOW. Throw out the cigarettes, throw out the ashtrays, clean up the inside of your car and house.

Because smoking will kill you. You are addicted to nicotine. You are a drug addict.

It's never too late to enjoy the benefits to your health by quitting smoking. Your body will be resetting itself in no time at all to live WITHOUT nicotine, which may have been controlling your life for a long time.

Quit smoking now. Good luck. Get help if you need it and don't look back. Everyone can beat the nicotine monkey on their back.

Please. I beg you. Please.

So it goes.

-Gary

2 comments:

  1. Now I understand why so many people drop you. Nothing worse than a zealot that takes a book to say what could effectively be conveyed in a sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just FYI, Gary died 2 weeks after making this post.

    ReplyDelete